Thursday, November 27, 2008

Don't worry, I found the beer...

I was in the grocery store yesterday trying to buy some smoked summer sausage to go with crackers and cheese. I've got a coupon for an angioplasty and I need to use it before 2010.

But I couldn't find the summer sausage. The grocers always keep them on an end cap or somewhere different (and they keep moving them around) in the store because (I guess) they think smoked summer sausage is an impulse buy.

While this may be true, I had the impulse when I got up for breakfast, while I was brushing my teeth, while I drove to the office, while I was at work, and when I pulled into the parking lot of the store...and I couldn't find it. I walked up and down every aisle. When I have had this problem before, I would ask someone (usually an employee of the store) but they wouldn't know either. So I have quit asking for help.

Eventually, after a complete tour of the facility, I found them near the bread, combined in a display with crackers and cheese whiz (ugh) and a big paper mache turkey. It wasted a good 20 minutes. This is usually how it goes.

This has to be fixed.

After all, it was one of Obama's promises, wasn't it?