Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bright Lights, Big City

A movie about a guy who tries drugs and REALLY likes them. It works out for a while, but 43 nosebleeds later, he decides he might want to try a different lifestyle. The movie ends before we find out if it worked out.

On that subject, (almost) I saw an ad today for the Tennessee Lottery that said “Play Responsibly” underneath the logo. Apparently, they don't want to have it on their conscience if you end up homeless muttering random daily six numbers in Wal-Mart. So asking you to be responsible takes care of that.

I guess I have to add this to the things I am being asked to do in moderation, like drinking, smoking, and as Holli may have noticed, being a kind and understanding husband.

Most products don’t have to tell people to not overdo it...I've never seen a reminder that “Beef Jerky and Pepsi are not part of a balanced diet.” This should be common sense. Should be. If I ever stop, I'll let you know how it works out.

But I have to congratulate the lottery folks. Your product must be a pretty good one when you ask your customers to keep their patronage to a minimum.

A dollar and a dream...