Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Color Purple

When I was in the golf business in Rock Hill, we had a shoe shine guy who was in this movie. He apparently was in one of the opening scenes throwing rocks. Every once in a while this movie comes on and I try to watch it to see if I can spot him, but I haven’t yet.

It’s time now for the Real County Music Lyric of the day…actual lyrics heard on the actual radio station that pays the bills for the author (and family) of this post.

The Lord knows I'm drinkin'; (the Lord knows I'm drinkin')
And runnin' a- round; (and runnin' around)
And He don't need your loud mouth informin' the town
The Lord knows I'm sinnin'; (the Lord knows I'm sinnin')
And sinnin' ain't right; (and sinnin' ain't right)
But me and the Good Lord's gonna have us a good talk
Later to- night.

Well, yes, that's my bottle and yes, that's my glass
And I see you're eye-ballin', this pretty young lass
It ain't none of your bus'ness, but yes, she's with me
And we don't need no sermon, you self-righteous woman,
Just let us be.


It’s the story of a man who makes Ike Turner look like Santa Claus and a woman whose life would have been vastly different if she had ever been out to the mailbox or stopped by the post office on a regular basis.