Wednesday, July 29, 2009

And Microsoft office 2007...

I'm not sure I have all my facts straight, but Seattle seems like a tough place to live.

There's the rain. Apparently, they have alot of it. They also (at one time) led the country in suicides.

Then there's the coffee. Starbucks and Seattle's Best Coffee come to mind.

I'm guessing the suicide rate isn't helped by the likelihood of an overcaffinated populous, what with the two coffee magnates dominating the landscape. Caffeine can mess you up. I once took a couple of No-Doz in order to try to drive from Fergus Falls, MN to Morehead, KY without stopping for a rest break. I didn't make it. Somewhere south of Indianapolis, half-crazed and twitching, I pulled into a Taco Bell and slept for a couple of hours in the parking lot, before eating 6 soft tacos and then continuing on my way (still half-crazed but with less twitching) to eastern Kentucky.

It seems simple really...it's proven that the rain is a depressing thing...and then you are so hyped up on double lattes that you can't sleep.