Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I think she remembers the Alamo though...

As most of you figured out almost 8 years ago, Holli has lost her mind.

She keeps asking me to rent movies that we (in the last 8 years) rented and watched already. We watched the same “Cake Boss” episode last night that we watched two weeks ago.

On the bright side, it keeps her from getting bored with what is on. And when I tell her that I did the dishes last night, she believes me.

In all honesty, I think it is the kids. Kids seem to keep parents in a suspended state of just trying to get to the end of the week/day/hour/dirty diaper and they leave little time for pondering either the future or the past.

As for me, I don’t remember not having kids. I don’t remember waking up in the morning without the hot morning breath of a child in my face. I don’t remember what is on TV prior to 7 am that doesn’t have the words “blues” or “clues” in the title. (Actually, I’m not sure I was ever awake prior to 7 am. If I was, I don’t remember that either.)

If I can remember more stuff I can’t remember, I’ll be in touch.