Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A civilized approach to angling...

Dear Fish,

As I plan to be in your area of the lake next Saturday, I thought I would let you know that I plan to throw a lure (and a hook) in the water in hopes of convincing you to get into the boat with me and a few friends.

At present time, unless you are extremely large or have three eyes, I plan to do nothing more than take you off the hook, hold you up for my friends to see, and then throw you back in the lake where you may resume your daily rounds. We might take a photo, but that would be it.

Without your participation, the day will be nothing more than a boat ride in a circle, drinking lukewarm beer and breathing fumes from the motor. We are certain that you would be enriched by this experience also.

We look forward to (hopefully) working with you.

Sincerely,

Fisherman