Thursday, July 2, 2009

My thermos makes me better looking....

According to the internet, there is a correlation between beer consumption and insomnia. It seems that the alcohol dehydrates and then you wake up thirsty and can’t get back to sleep. It is also blamed for nightmares, night sweats, and an incredible knowledge of terrible movies that come on after midnight.

So, for a while, I’m going to abstain from alcohol at night in hopes of getting a good night of sleep someday.

However, the same people (the medical types) tell us that there is also a correlation between beer and a healthy heart. Well, I happen to need a healthy heart. Holli wants me to outlive her.

So, in light of the fact alcohol keeps me awake but is good for my heart, I’m going to start drinking it in the morning.

It will give me the energy to help with Junior Achievement and it will keep me sharp during the day as I see clients and do the news, sports and weather on the air.