Thursday, April 17, 2008

And petting a pit bull with a rib-eye in your pocket...

One of the definitions of insanity (the other being mixing tequila and wine coolers) is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Eight women came into the office yesterday with their bikinis on and demanded that we change the format of the golf tournament to accommodate them. When we explained why this couldn’t happen, they repeated themselves. We explained again. They repeated. It was like directions for shampooing your hair.

After three whinings and three explanations, they asked to speak to the boss. I told them I didn’t know exactly where he was at the time (he was upstairs, but I didn’t know EXACTLY where).

They began to repeat their reasons and pulled out the “we need to talk to the boss because YOU can’t do anything about it.”

This used to bother me. But now I just smile.

The “and it needs to be right now,” made an appearance.

They said they had to speak to him now, because the opening night dinner wasn’t the right place. (I guess the best time to discuss the format of a tournament is 13 hours before the first tee time in a bikini.)

And then they used “we won’t be coming back next year.”

I was hoping we’d get to that. These are just the kind of people we hope for…self-centered, impatient and demanding.

I sure hope they were serious.