Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sandra Boynton is more interesting than Daddy...

I was going to write a thing today about a new airline that has appeared in the Dominican Republic called “Take Off!” I had jokes about whether Doug and Bob MacKenzie owned it and before I got on they would have to change their name to “Take off AND Land,” but something else happened.

The fifth-hole at Teeth of the Dog played 156-yards (Blue Tees) yesterday. I selected and 8-iron and swung. It went into the hole.

I brought the scorecard home, but I don’t know what I’ll do with it. There probably won’t be a museum exhibit dedicated to me and if there is, I think the golf accomplishments will be overshadowed by whatever prompted the reason for me being in the museum in the first place.

I told Gracie that I made a hole in one. She asked, “You made a what?”

“A hole in one,” I repeated.

“Why did you do that?” she asked. “Let’s read Snuggle Puppy.”