Wednesday, April 2, 2008

In this corner...Obama Creed...

I don’t know if this has been said yet, because I didn’t stay up last night and watch the endless drivel that is the coverage of the Obama-Hillary pandering contest.

Hillary’s statement that she is like Rocky (not the squirrel…the guy from the movie) is true in some cases and I hope continues to hold true.

The similarities:
1. Rocky’s brother in law was a ne’er do well alcoholic. Check.
2. Rocky did odd jobs (or whatever it took to get money) for what appeared to be, the mob. Maybe she hasn’t, but if a donation is possible…she would. Check.
3. Rocky got his butt kicked in Pennsylvania by a slick-talking black man. Let’s hope so.

To be fair, the differences:
1. Rocky dressed better.
2. Rocky actually HAD experience…and didn’t need to lie about it.
3. When Rocky got knocked down, he didn’t cry. He just got back up.
4. Rocky didn’t compare himself to whomever the local hero was…not even fictional ones.

I could write more…I’m not an Obama fan. But I prefer a sincerely wrong candidate to an insincere power-mad lunatic.