Thursday, April 10, 2008

On the short end of the battle of wits...

Gracie follows directions pretty well for a 3-year old, but I think she is training to be a lawyer.

Here’s my end of the conversation.

“Don’t write on your hand please…”

“Don’t write on your arm please…”

“Don’t write on your leg please…”

“Don’t write anywhere on your body!”

“No, don’t write on John…I don’t care if he doesn’t mind if you do. He doesn’t know any better.”

“Don’t write on the bedspread. No, write on the paper. Grace….only on the paper. Yes. No where else. I don’t care what ________ gets to do. Yes, you can get other paper. Wait. No, not that paper. That’s a book. Yes, I know books are made of paper. No, don’t write in it.”

This is clearly my fault. I need to learn to be more specific.

Maybe she is training me...