Saturday, April 19, 2008

Overheard...

I heard someone say this morning that one of the players in the tournament I am running is a cheater.

“Yeah, but,” replied the other person, “It’s part of their culture.”

Now, I’m not going to argue the validity of this. There are people that cheat at golf and they aren’t limited to only one demographic or nationality, but it seems that almost all of a couple of cultures either cheat on the course or on their handicap. Seems that way...I'm sure there are exceptions.

Where this comes from, I don’t know. But to hazard a guess, it seems to trickle down from the top…if your leaders (political and business) are known for dishonesty, the citizens will cheat also.

I’d write more, but my taxes are late (I filed for an extension) and I have some bogus charitable donation receipts to print on my computer.