Monday, April 7, 2008

Love letter, sort of...

The polygamists are in the news again.

I think the media’s fascination with the polygamists is that they can’t believe everyone involved isn’t stark-raving mad. They may be right.

First of all, there are multiple mother-in-laws. Now I have a great mother-in-law, but the law of averages dictates that you are going to get a bad one 50% of the time. At least. And you don’t think they’d complain (the bad ones) about you having more than one wife? Even the good ones might complain about that. And the bad ones would poison the good ones against you. Count on that.

Then, there is the entire 12-day a month the world is coming to an end theory. This means that a little less than half the time, things aren’t right and you may be to blame. So, no matter what, someone is mad (or disappointed or just plain crazy) almost all of the time.

Paper products. You’d need a warehouse.

Good luck with the toilet seat debate.

And when it’s time for a polygamist to go out and recruit another one, how does he break it to the others? This must be an interesting conversation.

And wedding rings…do you order them in bulk?

As for me, I’m not interested in having more than one woman (wife) at a time mad at me. Or happy with me, for that matter.

I’m thrilled with the one I’ve got.