Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dial M for Murder

It’s the typical story of a tennis pro that hires someone to kill his wife so he can inherit her money.

It’s the one case where a tennis pro actually tried to do something.

I worked amongst the tennis pros for a while in my previous life…they were always smiling, happy guys…mostly because they didn’t (as far as I could tell) have anything to do and were collecting a paycheck for it.

Tennis pros don’t have to show up at 6 am to prepare for a 7:30 shotgun start with 160 golfers who all think the world revolves around them. They don’t have to worry about people complaining about handicaps.

They just say, “court seven” and break for lunch.

There is one tennis pro I knew in the old days who worked hard and did a great job. I never told him, but I thought he was pretty good. The rest of them were useless.

No wonder he didn’t get away with it.