Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Roadhouse

From the Desk of Dr. Elizabeth Clay

Dear Dad,

I quit dating the town mafia king and lo and behold I met a bouncer from the bar at the edge of town where people are always fighting and showing up at the emergency room for me to stitch up. That's where I met Dalton. He's really cute and has been shot and stabbed more than 10 times.

But don’t worry Dad, he’s not just a bouncer, he’s the head bouncer. He lives above a barn in a really cool one room apartment just across the lake from the mafia king I used to date. And he drives a really cool 1965 Buick Riviera.

The mafia king guy keeps threatening to kill him, but he isn’t worried. The mafia guy (did I mention I used to date him?) has about 20 guys running around with guns and stuff, but Dalton (I don’t know if it’s his first or last name) has an old guy (that is also a bouncer from somewhere else) to help him. So things should be fine.

I’d write more, but the local mafia guy is about to have one of his henchmen run a monster truck through the window of the local car dealer while the entire town watches and the cops do nothing. Oh, yeah, I forgot to tell you that he burnt down the hardware store yesterday.

Sincerely,

Liz

P.S. I know you think I should maybe leave town, but I’m stuck in the lease on my apartment.