Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The five word monologue returns...

A friend of mine has revamped the "Five Word Monologue" thing...you get five words and must use them in a, you guessed it, monologue.

So, our words for the day were...contemptuous, dropper, Christopher Columbus, luster, fretting. The twist she has added to it is that they are her 5th grade daughter's spelling words for the week. So upon successful completion, I will be swollen with pride knowing I have the vocabulary of a fifth grader.

And today, since I have the creativity of a Budweiser beer executive, I will reprint what I posted to her last Friday.

"If You Don't Like It, There's the Plank"

Now, maybe I’m imagining it, but it seems to me that I get this contemptuous look when I pull it out. I remember the first time I played it for her, she thought it was interesting, but now it has completely lost its luster, and I can understand it, for the most part.

After all, fretting a new chord for a forward-reverse roll isn’t exactly a jaw-dropper. I just wish she wouldn’t go to the other room when I start to open the case.

But it could be that’s why Christopher Columbus became a boat captain…maybe he wasn’t looking for a short cut to the West Indies…perhaps he just wanted everyone to have to stick around when he played the banjo.

Later.