Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sleepers

I’m pretty sure this isn’t a sign of intelligence, but books and movies sometimes have strange effects on me.

I’m reading “The Count of Monte Cristo” and in between reading it (work, golf, banjo, bathroom, yard work, etc) I keep coming up with creative ways to punish all those $@%$#@$#s who did bad stuff to me over the years. Also, I spend some time looking over MY shoulder too.

I don’t know if Edmond Dantes wanted to really punish those who did him evil or if he just wanted an apology. I think an apology might have been enough, but with him being a fugitive and all, asking might have gotten him locked up again.

For me, I don’t really want revenge, not in the sense that I deliver the crucial blow or anything. I guess the best revenge is them NOT living well and knowing that if they just hadn’t stolen my baseball glove (or whatever they did) they’d have had a happier life.

Strangely enough, the ones in my life who dealt the cruelest of blows are not in my visions of vengeance. I guess therapy works.

I don’t believe in Karma, as defined. But, I do believe you reap what you sow, it’s just that sometimes it just takes a bit too long for my taste. Well, in everyone else’s case that is.