Tuesday, June 10, 2008

And part of 1987...

My first year of real college (a small liberal arts school) I co-hosted a radio show on the campus radio station.

(by real college, I mean where I actually signed up for AND went to class…you know that nightmare where it’s the end of the semester and you forgot to go to class all year? That wasn’t a dream for me…it was 1986)

My co-host was a friend (and my roommate) that had also worked in professional radio. He had more talent for on-air stuff than I did, but I had a few creative moments and the show was considered a success on campus. People listened.

(by professional radio, I mean getting paid for working. If you read some of my past posts, my “professionalism” may have come into question…just clarifying)

At the end of the year, we received an award…”The Golden Mike”…for the best on-air talent of the 1987-1988 school year at the station.

I was there (first time since 1996) two days ago and it’s still there on the wall in the station…for all to see…forever….

With my name spelled wrong on it.