Monday, June 16, 2008

Can someone help me with this?

I’m in the market for a car, so I went to the dealership. While looking over a particular brand (with a salesman leering over my shoulder) I was informed the car in question had Bluetooth technology.

“Great,” I said.

Of course, I had no idea what he was talking about, so I looked it up. Apparently, it is a system of wireless communications. I looked up the products that boast “Bluetooth” technology and it was mostly a bunch of headsets for cell phones that you strap to the side of your head, definitely showing a healthy amount of skepticism regarding cell phones to cancer link studies.

I’ve seen this on the street. They look like they just stepped off the Starship…Enterprise. When they use it, they appear to be talking to themselves. They look insane until you figure out what they are doing. But, once you figure it out…it doesn’t really improve things.

But what really amazes me is that they claim this eliminates wires.

What wires?