Friday, June 20, 2008

Why do dogs like to watch me eat? I’m getting tired of it.

We got the car loaded and we headed for…well, they didn’t tell me. I still don’t know exactly where we were. I’m glad I didn’t have to drive home.

I took a nap on the way. I think they stopped at a hardware store (they go there every day for something) then drove around in what seemed like circles until we arrived.

When we got inside, a bunch of people seemed interested in me, but I wasn’t in the mood. I’d been sleeping pretty soundly (I heard them mention snoring) and was rudely awakened. What do they expect? Also, everyone seemed to know my name and I didn’t have a clue who they were. Also, they had a dog. Small by their standards, but I know he could put his paws on my shoulders and lick me if he wanted. I let everyone know I wasn’t very happy to be on the floor. Would someone pick me up?

After a bit, they took me into the dining room and sat me down. I wondered if it was my seat from home. I didn’t know for sure until I found a Fruit Loop from this morning (breakfast) lodged in the cushion. They must have brought the seat with them. Seems like a pain to have to haul it around, but if they want to do it, whatever.

Anyway, the food was pretty good. Mac and cheese, corn and dinner rolls. There was some other stuff, but I didn’t get a shot at it. They never ask me what I want. Blueberry Cake with Cool Whip for dessert. I got some blueberries on my forehead. I’m not sure how. I probably spilled a bunch on the floor, but the dog was right there, so no one had to clean it up.

We went into another room (I kept a close eye on the dog) and we talked and laughed. I grabbed a tennis racket and hit the floor with it and yelled. This went over pretty good, so I kept it up until I got bored.

Then, I grabbed one of Gracie’s toys and threw it across the room. She screamed like I’d hit her with the tennis racket. That was fun.

Before I left, I made peace with the dog. She didn’t lick me or anything and I got to pet her a couple of times.

I slept all the way home, got my jammies on and crashed.

I wonder what we’ll do tomorrow…