Wednesday, June 11, 2008

More Highway Toll Booths=Fewer Transvestites…

The curse of Eve came with a perk…maybe they (women) don’t see it that way, but right now I’m carrying a cell phone, my money clip, about 75 cents in change, and my car keys. Then I might have a business card I was too polite to refuse to take or a merchandise receipt my paranoid brain is forcing me to keep for the moment.

All of this in two pockets. It slows me down, weighs me down and destroys the sleek look I like to have as a go about my business. Well, it does weigh me down. I feel so cluttered.

Women, you see, get to carry a purse. I’m positive 7 out of 10 cross dressers list this as the number one benefit.

(I’m informed it isn’t the pantyhose, maybe that’s the curse of Dame Edna.)

Usually, what I try to avoid having in my pockets is change.

So it accumulates, either in the house or in the car…sometimes the quarters get used, but what is usually left is a mountain of nickels, dimes and pennies. There aren’t enough opportunities to get rid of it from home. The kids that came around with the orange boxes at Halloween are nowhere to be found. When I’m in the drive thru, I’m usually drinking my drink (or looking for a straw) and don’t have time to sift through all the change. And there aren’t enough toll roads in my area to help me with this glut of coins that is threatening my sanity.

There are these machines at the grocery store that take the coins, counts and gives you back 97% of it in a portable form. If the guys that invented this machine went door-to-door, they’d be rich.

But sales of pantyhose to middle-aged men would drop.