Tuesday, April 28, 2009

As is the intelligence gap...

The Sleep Gap is narrowing in our house.

The Sleep Gap is the amount of difference in hours of sleep the kids need to function versus the adults. Up until recently, the kids went to bed at 8 pm or so and were fast asleep. I would then stay awake until 11 pm, go to bed and be fresh as a daisy with a kind word for everyone when they woke up, be it 6 am, 6:30 or whatever.

Now it seems that the kids aren’t asleep until around 8:30 or 8:45 (they still go to bed at 8 pm, they just tell knock-knock jokes and giggle until about 8:45 on some nights) and they still get up between six and seven o’clock where I greet them fresh as a daisy with a kind word for everyone.

So somewhere I’ve lost about 45 minutes and when you add to the fact that I am now in bed around 10:30, that means we’ve lost about an hour, on average, but still I am fresh as a daisy with a kind word for everyone.

Finally, I would like to remind you that I am still fresh as a daisy with a kind word for everyone each and every $%(#()@ morning.