Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I heard a fly buzz as I watched ESPN

The world ping-pong champs
Hoisted their golden ball
That was to signify
They'd beaten them all

They had their interview
And thanked mom and dad
And told of learning to play
When they were but a small lad

They thanked their sponsors
They said it "hadn't sunk in"
They teared up a bit, reflecting
On the "once in a lifetime win"

I watched the whole thing
And here is the why
The remote wasn't in reach
And my wife hadn't walked by

This was their moment
Their day in the sun
And because I have ESPN
I got to share in the fun

Today's poetry exercise was the change the title of an existing poem. So I did. I'm writing a poem a day in hopes of getting in touch with my feminine side. I'll let you know how it works out. I'd write more, but I have to go arrange some flowers.