Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The sunscreen people love this kind of thing...

It has become popular for some people to protest by getting naked.

I have a few thoughts on this.

First, it is cost effective. Why pay for posterboard and markers when you can just disrobe?

This method of getting attention for your cause would limit your protesting to summer, I think, especially in Minnesota or North Dakota.

It might make for conversation during the protest…such as, “hey, when did you have your appendectomy?”

Where do you keep your wallet or car keys? Unless you live across the street from the protest site, you need these things.

Finally, it really seems pretty useless. If I were to see a large group of naked people out in public, I wouldn’t immediately ask myself, “I wonder what worthwhile cause they are supporting?”