Friday, December 28, 2007

I, for one, use Expedia...

Ah, travel agents…

They represent people too lazy to get on the internet and book it themselves.

They keep telling me their “client” is very demanding while they demand unreasonable things.

They threaten that the client is going to cancel if he doesn’t get his way. They whine. They threaten. They sometimes alternate between the two in perpetuity.

When they call, before the threats or the whining, they like to tell me they are calling from the United States. Well, congratulations. I didn’t realize they had phones there. Call me from the Artic Circle. Then I’ll be impressed.

Now, I’m not talking about the people who plan trips for large groups. These guys are usually slick, classy and organized. I’ve met a lot of great ones here. They don’t whine. They don’t threaten. They don’t have to.

The people I’m talking about are those who book plane flights and hotel rooms for six people and are convinced they have organized the SALT II Nuclear Peace Talks.

Having said that, I think I’ll call my travel agent. I need my car washed.