Monday, December 17, 2007

I've often worried I'm paranoid...

Yesterday, after a few hours of work, I took the family to the Marina to walk around. Obviously, being the Marina, there were boats and water and security guards with shotguns. I made sure to steer the stroller nowhere near the water nor near the guards at any time.

During the walk, we saw a lot of people out enjoying the day. I avoided eye contact with all of them.

For lunch, we went to a Chinese/Sushi restaurant. I washed my hands before I ordered. We checked our utensils and glassware for cleanliness. I didn’t order the sushi. Something about months with an “r” in them. Can’t remember if it is never or always.

We strapped John in his booster seat. We crushed up the rice for him to eat so he wouldn’t choke. We watched the waiters closely.

Gracie saw a seagull. I told her about the bird flu.

We finished our meal and paid the bill with cash.

We walked toward our car. Men were working on one of the apartments, using scaffolding. We went around another way. I made sure to keep looking over my shoulder for oncoming cars.

We got to the car. I checked underneath it for explosives. We strapped everyone in their seatbelts. I drove the speed limit. I looked both ways at all intersections. I stopped under a tree so the passing helicopter wouldn’t see us.

When we got home, we got the kids out and locked the car. We went in the house and locked the door behind us.

We had a great time.