Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Next Week: How to TIVO Something...

This would probably work better on my wife's blog (whatisblue.blogspot.com), but I’ll try anyway…

Tuesday, December 4, 5:45 AM:
“Daddy!” “Daddy!” “Daddy!” Gracie isn’t the most patient person in the world. I don’t know where she gets it, but she needs to stop being impatient really soon, or I am going to snap.

I go into her room to be told that it is time to get up. I tell her it is still dark out and that we need to sleep at bit longer. I don’t have to get up until 7 am this morning and I want to get some more sleep. She seems to agree and lays back down. For about 30 seconds. The air conditioner turns on…and she pokes me in the ribs and says. “It came on. Why?”

I then explain that the air conditioner has a thermostat and that when it gets too hot, it comes on to cool things down. She seems satisfied with that until it cuts off three minutes later. This time it is a poke in the neck. “It turned off. Why?” Again, I explain the thermostat.

We repeat this about every two minutes until about 6:20, when I finally get up turn off the AC and lay back down. However, in getting up, I disturb her and she notices that the sun is beginning to peek through the shutters. She informs me it is time to get up, eat breakfast and watch Pocoyo. (Pocoyo is a wonderful children’s show…UTube it if you don’t believe me)

So out to the living room we go…me dragging and she happy to see a new day, armed with the knowledge of how a thermostat works.

When John is old enough...we'll have her explain it to him.