Thursday, February 7, 2008

I can't shake the idea that these people are evil...

When I was a kid, there was a kid down the street that seemed to be bulletproof. Nothing he ever did ever got him in trouble. His parents and their contacts bailed him out of everything.

The worst of his transgressions (that I knew of) was the night he drove through town at about 60 mph, ran four red lights and led the cops on a 10 mile chase before his crashed. Did I mention he was drunk?

He didn’t even lose his license. His pattern continued until I lost touch with him in the late 80’s.

He did whatever he wanted and lied his way out of it. He had no conscience and didn’t really ever pay any consequences. He sobered up long enough to get out of trouble and that was it. The truth was as he saw it. If you were in his way, he just ran you over. I stayed away from him as much as I could. He was vindictive and had no regard for the law.

I can’t tell him and the Clintons apart.