Monday, February 4, 2008

I can't figure out if I'm organized or not...

My wife ordered a book from Amazon.

It’s called:
“Sink Reflections: Overwhelmed? Disorganized? Living in Chaos? The Fly Lady's Simple FLYing Lessons Will Show You How to Get Your Home and Your Life in Order--and It All Starts with Shining Your Sink!"

My first reaction is if the woman who wrote the book was organized, the title of the book would be shorter.

I seemed to remember seeing this book around the house at one point. It amused me to think that Holli was ordering it for the second time.

When I mentioned it to her (the fact that it was ironic she had to order another copy) she said she was buying it for a friend.

That makes sense. If her friend was organized, she'd probably order it herself. But I guess she wouldn't have to...it's quite a catch-22.

Maybe the test of whether you are organized is if you can find time to purchase it. If you actually read it, bonus points. And if you know where it is after you haven't looked at it for a while...you don't need it anymore.

Right now, Holli knows where two copies of the book are. This means she passes the test.