Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'd give anything to be more envious...

Two words about people who cheat on their golf handicap.

WHO CARES.

Go out and play...do your best. If you don’t win, quit crying.

What I want to know is, why can’t we celebrate success? I know precious few people who rejoice when good things happen to people.

A dear friend of mine inherited some money about ten years ago. He made smart choices and turned it into even more money. He was (and is) a good steward of it and was generous to many people, including me when I needed it (he didn’t give me money, he gave me a place to live). And he even let me act like an idiot while I lived there.

And he lost friends. I still can’t figure that one out.

There is an infinite amount of blessings out there. A blessing we receive isn’t subtracting from one another person might get. But this is how people act.

Everyone thinks they are getting cheated. If you’re rich, you’re a crook. If you won, you cheated. If you have a good job and live in the Caribbean, you’re an idiot.

Well, finally one I can agree with.