Friday, March 14, 2008

I'm more than just a pretty face...

A friend of mine has a blog called Stupid Scholar. It is anything but. It varies from funny to extremely deep. Many times it’s over my head or my attention span.

(If you’ve decided I’m not intellectual enough, here is the link to his blog so you can save yourself the trouble of reading the rest of this: http://www.stupidscholar.blogspot.com/)

We read each other’s stuff every day. He posted one of my entries a few weeks ago. He has linked me to his blog under, “Blogs I Read.”

I appreciate this, almost. He has a few categories for his “Blogs I Read” but I think I’m worthy of a more prominent position in the blog roll. As is it, I feel I've been typecast.

1. He has a “Reformed” Category…I’m a reformed thinker. I’m a Calvinist. Who knew? (if you have to ask who knew…you’re NOT a Calvinist)
2. He has a “Catholic” Category… I hate Notre Dame Football. I want them to lose every game they play for the next 100 years. That still wouldn’t be enough. This eliminates me from the Catholic section.
3. He has “Other Christian Blogs”…I’m a Christian. Why can’t I be there? Is this because I used the word “dumbass” to describe myself in a post? Also, I guess these Christians aren’t Calvinists…to whom I ask…what is God NOT in charge of? Can you surprise God? (This oversimplified explanation of Calvinism may explain why I’m not in the Reformed category…)
4. He has “News and Political” Category…I definitely qualify for this. I talk about politics every once in a while. And if you haven’t caught any of the political posts, I can sum it up by saying the thought “Hillary for President in 2008” makes me want to puke. And not because she’s a woman…it’s because she’s a Clinton.
5. And finally, my category…”Fun and Interesting Blogs”…Is this all I am? Have I no intellectual qualities that might put me in a higher profile area? I’m glad to qualify for fun and interesting, but the category is the last one on his page, hard to find and seemingly an afterthought.

I’m laboring in obscurity. He allows comments on his site. Go over there and complain.