Saturday, May 23, 2009

The two weeks of my life that I just sat by the phone...

While still a college student, I interviewed for a job at a fabulous place in a fabulous town. I couldn’t imagine working there, but here the boss was, telling me I was just what he wanted and he would call me next week with a job offer.

Next week came and went. He didn’t call.

I called him and left a message. He didn’t call me back.

I waited another week.

I called him and left another message. He didn’t call back. He never called back.

Nine years later, I went to his place of business (on official business) and had a meeting with him. He showed no signs of remembering me. I didn’t remind him. We talked about a business venture of mutual benefit. He loved the idea and said he would call me the next week to confirm.

I told him I’d call HIM back.