Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I have an eye problem...

For about the last 10 years, I have had an aversion to all things eye-related.

I tried to get contacts back in 1998. But I had an adrenaline rush and passed out when the Doctor tried to put them in.

(pause for laughter…)

After I came to, Dr. Kavanaugh told me it was fairly common and had nothing to do with my manhood or anything. He suggested a new pair of glasses and that I play from the red tees the next time I went to the golf course. I think he was joking.

Here in the Caribbean, my eyes hurt on a regular basis. I’ve been told it is allergies.

So I use Visine, but I have trouble getting the drops in because I can’t keep my eyes open to put them in. It’s an involuntary reflex. Like yelling "Liar!" at the TV when Hillary Clinton is speaking.

I think it is interesting that convenience stores often display the Visine right next to the cigarette rolling papers.

I was curious, so I went to the Visine website and looked up the directions for use:

  • do not touch the tip of the applicator to any surface
  • put down the bag of Doritos
  • put 1 or 2 drops in the affected eye(s) up to 4 times daily
  • if you live in Portland, Oregon, please do your best to try to remember to go to the polling place and vote “yes” on Measure 8 this coming November

See ya…