Thursday, May 29, 2008

One man's trash is just garbage...

I went to the local landfill today five times. Yesterday, I went four times.

I’m throwing away a lot of stuff. I’m keeping a lot of stuff.

Some of the throw away stuff looks useful and some of the stuff we are keeping looks useless.

There is a guy there at the landfill who supervises. He makes sure I’m not throwing away nuclear waste and that I’m putting plastic in the dumpster labeled plastic and that I’m breaking down the cardboard boxes before I throw them down the chute.

He kind of stands by the bin and checks out what is going down. Near him sat an old pair of work boots, an old chair and a copy of Popular Mechanics with what looked like Mustard on the cover.

I’ve seen him stop people and get something out of their would be garbage and save it for himself.

He didn’t want any of my stuff.

I was kind of insulted.