Friday, September 19, 2008

And watch me try to figure out what button John pushed that took us off the air...

I’m about to sign a contract with the Discovery Channel for a reality series based on my life running a radio station.

The weekly show will follow me around as I record the weather forecast, do football games on the radio and flaunt the “no food or drink in the control room” rules on a daily basis.

The crew will be there as I run the down the local news each day…calling the fire department, talking to local high school coaches and interviewing the county extension service experts about what to do with tomato plants over the winter and how to get grass stains out of corduroy pants.

We’re still working on a title.

It’s time for the Real Country Music lyric of the day,
Now ole Lying Jim got drunk one time he passed right out in church
Fell right off the front row pew someone said Lord he's hurt
Next mornin' ole Jim sobered up out on the preacher's farm
He said preacher I was wrasslin' the devil and that rascal broke my arm

Anyway, they’ll be on hand when I argue with the people at the football game that I really am the play-by-play person and should be let in for free. They’ll record me trying to get free drinks and popcorn at halftime.

And of course they’ll be there when I take a nap on the couch in my office.

It should debut next spring.