Monday, September 15, 2008

I report...you decide

I mentioned the other day to my wife that I wanted to go to my 20-year high school reunion. This surprised her for two reasons, first, since it was three years ago (I guess I meant my 25th) and second, that I was the least bit interested in going back to where I went to high school.

I only went to the high school I graduated from for about six months and didn’t spend much time in the town, so I guess it didn’t make much sense to her. Also, it isn’t on the list of America’s most livable cities, unless you were a coal miner.

She did take the opportunity to ridicule the town and area (although she’s never been there) that I did complete my high school in by asking me if I wanted to go to the reunion to see who had gotten indoor plumbing and who still had their own teeth.

It’s now time for the Real Country Music lyric of the day:
Now I'm paintin' the house and I'm mendin' the fence
I guess I've gone and lost all my good sense
Too much work is hard for your health
I could've died drinkin' now I'm killing myself
And I'm feedin' the dog, sackin' the trash
It's honey do this, honey do that
I sobered up and I got to thinkin'
Girl you ain't much fun since I quit drinkin'

Later that day…

We receive Holli’s hometown newspaper each week. This week there is a story about how a monkey may have started a house fire with a propane tank, but his owner won’t hear of the accusation, even though the monkey was seen with the tank moments before the blaze.

Right now, since her home burned completely to the ground, she and her monkey are staying at a hotel on the American Red Cross tab, but that is about to come to an end. It’s okay she says, because the monkey really hates the hotel room.

It was on the FRONT PAGE.