Thursday, September 11, 2008

If I had been a general contractor, I would have been fired and sued...

I stacked a couple more logs on top of one another and checked the photo on the box.

It looked alright…I guess.

“Are you doing the directions Daddy?” came the query. “Are you doing them?”

My yes reply was less than certain. I was going as fast as I could. I just couldn’t really read picture directions…they were terrible.

“I want it to look like the box!” she said. “You’re not doing it by the box!”

No, I wasn’t. I took down a wall, which made me take down another wall. I started over. No, the front wall with the door needed to come down.

“Daddy!”

We started over. We started over again. Finally, I got it close enough. I think she was just being nice when she said, “Yeah, yeah, that’s it!”

No wonder Abe Lincoln was President. Anyone who could build something out of these must have been a genius.