Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The stuff under my fingernails...

If someone offers to help you paint…turn them down.

It’s tedious and messy and no matter how well they do it, there will be drips and runs that sit there for all eternity, mocking your judgement in letting someone else put something permanent on your walls. It will be a memoriam to the fact that (insert name here) messed up your house.

So do it yourself. Keep good thoughts about your friends by keeping them off your walls.

Which brings us to the Real Country Music lyric of the day :
It's where I drank my first beer. It's where I found Jesus.
Where I wrecked my first car: I tore it all to pieces.
I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners an' believers.
Down that Red Dirt Road

I have had help over the years with a painting job or two, a few that worked out great and one time that, in the end, was just some “painting snobs” wanting to let me know how great they were at it by telling me how incompetent I was. I already knew that…but it didn’t help to hear it again.

I don’t have the attention span or the patience to paint. I’m surprised I had the resolve to even finish writing about it.