Thursday, September 18, 2008

One out of four isn't bad...

I read last night that Women have more issues than Men. This opinion was arrived at because there are “Women’s Issues” sections of bookstores but not “Men’s Issues” sections.

First of all, what man would go to the “Men’s Issues” section of the bookstore? And what man would ask where it was?

(would it be terrible to say that if a man asked where the men's issues section was that he maybe needed to just skip the question and head over to the women's issues section? if it is terrible, forget I mentioned it)

The books on Men’s issues are scattered about the store disguised as books on woodworking, car repair, women’s issues (your issues ARE our issues) and sports.

Men need to be out DOING something (even if it is watching ESPN) not reading about their issues.

This is where I would put a Real Country Music lyric of the day, but I haven’t had the chance to listen to the radio today…I’ve spent all morning transferring my stuff from one money clip to another and tweesing my eyebrows. Man, they needed it.

But for a moment, let's pretend that there was a Men's Issues section of the bookstore:

Last week I was standing in the Men’s Issues section of the bookstore looking at a copy of Broken Down. When Things Have Gotten Really Hard and You Don't Know Why (and When Your Car Won’t Run) when my friend Bill came down the aisle. “Man, your hair looks nice! When did you get it done?”

“Last week,” I replied. “Where’d you get those blue jeans! They look fabulous.”

Stop.

See why this won’t work?