Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Take a ride on the reading railroad...

I have a friend who keeps buying books.

She blogs about buying them and reading them. She has lists of books she is intending to read and has read.

She blogs about visiting America’s Greatest Bookstores. I’ve been to her house. There are a lot of books there.

If I didn’t have so much respect for her judgment, I’d suggest an intervention.

But, in keeping with the spirit of reading, I thought I’d tell you about the books I’ve read recently.

1. Barnyard Dance by Sandra Boynton…It’s seems that the animals have scored a fiddle and are having a square dance. With a neigh and a moo and a cockle-doodle-doo….
2. Dogs by Julie Aigner-Clark…Dogs do a lot of things. Clark narrows it down to about seven and none of it is hazardous to shoes.
3. Sometime I Like to Curl up in a Ball by Vicki Churchill…This wombat is a busy little guy, but he finds time to, you guessed it, curl up in a ball.
4. The Pup Speaks Up by Anna Jane Hays…Pal the pup lets everyone else weigh in before he gives his opinion. Example: Chug, Chug goes a tug.
5. God Made Colours author unknown (must have been British)…Some of the major colors are covered in this six page volume.
6. One, Two, Three! by Sandra Boynton…Amongst the highlights of the book is the notion that Six is fun for a running race unless you are the one in sixth place.
7. God Made You Special by Eric Metaxas…Talking vegetables Larry the Cucumber and Bob the Tomato explain that even a gourd can be his own man.
8. Oh, Bother! Someone’s Afraid of the Dark by Betty Birney…Piglet freaks out during a slumber party he has with his friend Winnie the Pooh. Cameos by Tigger and Owl.

Included on my TBR (to be read) list is me reading them again to John tomorrow.