Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Stirring up bitter memories of high school since 1998...

In a moment of boredom (while on hold with AT&T) I put name on classmates.com, a website devoted to letting you find out that your old high school girlfriend turned out to be a binge-eater and look like her mother.

You can look on the site for people you went to high school with and you can leave your name, but you can’t contact them directly.

But now these people won’t leave me alone. Everyday I get an email from classmates.com, telling me that there are people curious about me, signing my guestbook and wanting to see a picture of me (or is it my boat and motor?). But they won’t tell me WHO until I give them at least $15 (for a three month membership).

So there’s the problem. It could be an old friend that I haven’t spoken to in over 20 years (some friend, huh?) or someone just released from prison who spent his time as a ward of the state plotting revenge against EVERYONE.

Or it could be my old high school girlfriend looking for a meal ticket. Or a stack of meal tickets. Or a date for her mother.