Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'm going off the rails...

I got tagged by B, the upside down one…since I don’t post (or use the computer) on the weekends, I didn’t find out until today.

Being tagged means you have to do whatever the person who tagged you wants. Kind of like truth or dare on the computer.

This is what I was sent:

Here are the rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write six random things about yourself
3. Tag six people at the end of your blog
4. If you are tagged, just do it and pass the tag along

Okay, here goes.
Rule 1: Done…see above

Rule 2: I’d like to point out (before I do this) that my entire blog IS random (well, maybe…see below) things about myself, so I’m blowing six days of ideas by doing this (and I’ve kind of been in a slump lately).
First random thing about myself…I really like Kentucky Fried Chicken Original Recipe. I think about it all the time.
Second random thing about myself…My friend Ed has opined upon occasion (and I agree) that there is no such thing as a non-sequitur, so it is (my random opinion) actually impossible for me to write even ONE thing that is random…
Third random thing about myself (keeping in mind I don’t think it is random)…I don’t ever want to know how Stella got her groove back.
Fourth random thing about myself…I think Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne is one of the greatest songs I have ever heard. I just checked the lyrics online and it turns out I've been singing 25% of them wrong for 20 years.
Fifth random thing about myself… I think war movies are stupid. We already know the ending. Same for Titanic. In case you didn’t get to see it, in the end, it sunk.
Sixth random thing about myself…I can smoke cigarettes and not get addicted to them. I was told this was because I didn’t inhale like a real smoker. So I gave up trying.

Rule 3: I don’t actually believe that six people will read this…and B took everyone I know (even my wife...) that has a blog except for the Stupid Scholar and it seems that he has disappeared.
Rule 4: Done…but why are rules 1 and 4 satisfied just by doing rules 2 and 3 in the first place?

In closing, I appreciate the fact that someone I suggested a possible intervention for is still speaking to (or at least tagging) me.