Thursday, August 7, 2008

And how about the end of the world?

The internet is useless.

It isn’t good for the things you really need. Sure, you can read endless drivel and the insane thoughts of wackos from all perspectives around the globe to pass the time, but you can’t find out the important stuff.

Such as:
1. How much should an electrician cost?
2. Should I paint my house or hire someone?
3. Who stole my baseball glove when I was 13?
4. Why is it so cold in here?
5. What should I have for lunch today?

Which does bring us to something the internet is good for…the Real Country Music lyric of the day:
There wasn’t a line (like the women usually have)
There wasn’t even a lock.
The floor was dirty, the mirror had grime.
I wasn’t picky though, I didn’t have time.

I didn’t hang around (I did wash my hands)
I read a phone number or two...
But I hit my hip on the sink and it smarted.
A fool and his beer aren’t painlessly parted.

Anyway, the internet can’t tell you what is going to happen in the future, and what it says about the past you can’t really trust.

I’d boycott it, but then I wouldn’t be able to tell you why.