Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Here's looking at you, brah...

My wife doesn’t understand me.

I’m not whining.

I watched the end of two movies last night. I caught the last hour of Casablanca and the last 10 minutes or so of Point Break. These are two of my favorite movies. This is the part my wife doesn’t understand. There are other things, (I’m pretty sure) but this was last night’s reason.

The plot, etc, of Casablanca needs no explaining. Point Break might need explaining.

But first the Real Country Music lyric of the day:
Well I'll pass the bar on the way
To my dingy hotel room-
I spent all my money
Been drinkin' since a half past noon-
I'll wake there in the mornin'
Or maybe in the county jail-
Times are hard getting harder
I'm born to lose and destined to fail-

Point Break is a movie about a guy who is a maverick, does his own thing (breaking the law on the way…) and in the end is walking away on his own terms in the rain (without the girl) having given his all (risking imprisonment and death) to a cause that he believed in. His chances of survival are slim (he’ll be a fugitive at best), but it’s not certain as to what happened next.

Or was that Casablanca?