Friday, August 29, 2008

I'll recover, but it may be a while...

Dear Frank’s Red Hot,

I have used, bought and traveled with your product (Frank’s Red Hot) to many parts of the world. If where I was didn’t sell it, I brought it with me.

I have more than 20 years of history with you. I’ve introduced your product to roommates, my wife, friends and total strangers.

So when I saw Frank’s Red Hot Original Beef Jerky on the shelf yesterday, I quickly bought a bag. I have a love affair with beef jerky also…the slim jim. I even had a slim jim in my hand at the checkout, but when I saw your product, I quickly put it back.

I bought a Pepsi from the vending machine. It was all I could do to not rip open the bag while walking to the car.

As I chewed on the first piece of what was about to begin a wonderful era in my life I realized something…IT DIDN’T TASTE LIKE FRANK’S RED HOT. It didn’t taste like there was any Frank’s Red Hot on it at all. It just tasted like beef jerky. Now that’s not a bad thing, but compared to what I thought it would be…it was like my first beer.

(don’t worry, I’ve gotten over the disappointment of the first beer)

I did give the benefit of the doubt and ate another piece, and then another and even another and then more until the bag was gone. Not one piece of the 3.25 oz package tasted of Frank’s Red Hot. It was so disappointing.

I trusted you guys and you let me down.

And don't send me my money back...just make my dreams of Franks Red Hot Flavored Beef Jerky come true.

Sincerely,