Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Alamo

A friend of mine in college (Jay) had a poster on the wall in his dorm entitled…."Jay’s Rules for General Behavior"…it was his personal code of conduct. The key ones I remember were to not spindle, fold or mutilate his artwork and to not make fun of small dogs.

In keeping with the spirit, I’m making my own list, but it’s far from complete. More when I have more.

Now, I’m not saying you can’t break these rules. But if you do…it’s a lost cause as far as I’m concerned (in case you were wondering about the title of the post).

Okay, here goes….

Never argue with a black woman. Never argue with a white woman.

I’ve heard Confucius always held that you should never argue with an Asian woman. Leonardo DaVinci said it’s not wise to argue with Italian, European or Australian women (I don’t know how he knew about Australians, but he was pretty smart, so we’ll take his word for it).

Don’t argue with Jewish women. And the Latino women aren’t a good idea, either. Nor Irish, English, Eskimo, Native American, Indian, or Scandinavian.

But if you must, take flowers.