Monday, March 23, 2009

Nope. Never again. Not if you behave…

Gracie is now officially a member of the throw-up club. Up until this point in her life, she hadn’t had this experience.

She will be given the official secret handshake, password and a duplicate set of keys for the porcelain bus in a ceremony later this week.

For my part, I held her hair and mourned the loss of innocence.

But this isn’t a total loss. When you are an adult, you try to figure out why this has happened to you. Grace didn’t ask, but we are going to tell her it’s one of a few things.

1. She didn’t clean the playroom good enough yesterday.
2. She didn’t share her cookies with her brother (who is not yet a member of the club) and thus, she eventually lost them.
3. She argued that she wasn’t tired last night when it was time to go to bed.

I’d write more, but I have to go check and see if she is done shining my shoes.