Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm thinking of changing my name to Zyzl Zyzzwin...

My view of “Judgment Day” (the event in the biblical book of Revelation, not the movie) has changed over the years.

In my early days, I thought it would be an overhead projector and everyone sitting at their desks as God wrote down all your bad deeds. (school daze style)

Later on, I figured it would be huge TV screens and everyone standing around. (stadium rockfest style)

In the past few years, I decided everyone would have an ipod and get a simultaneous podcast sent to them. Soon I will have to guess that it will be twittered to everyone.

But if I’m forgiven by the grace of God through Christ, do I still need to go to the big unveiling?

If I do, I assume everyone will be there and that there will be a lot of giggling and gasping. Unless it is your turn, of course. I have always kind of hoped they go in alphabetical order so less people would be around when they got to me…but it just occurred to me that if everyone has to stay to the end, it won’t matter.

If I do have to go, I am curious though. If the first guy up (Aaron Aaaaaaaban) finds out that he’s in big trouble for having a beer (and a smoke) while doing the Charleston at the Euchre tournament, I may need more grace than I thought.

Probably will anyway.