Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Country Music Alphabet only has 25 letters...

Amnesty International doesn’t list Randy Travis as a war criminal, but I’ve been stuck in the radio station for the past week as the rest of the staff went to a faraway place.

It’s not that I don’t like country music, I do, but one disaster/lovesick/cheatin'/beer guzzlin’ song after another is getting to me.

If I hear about “her havin’ leavin’ on her mind” one more time, I’m going to call the Prozac people and ask for a radio trade agreement.

But now it’s time for the real country music lyric of the day…enjoy it while it's still free
And the warden sang
Come on somebody
Why don't you run
Ol' Red's itchin' to have a little fun
Get my lantern
Get my gun
Red'll have you treed before the mornin' comes


This song suffices three of the seven country music lyrics…prison, dogs, guns…and it’s only the chorus. The lines before it have a cheatin’ no-good woman and murder. Score: 89.7 (out of 100)…100 being all seven which include the above along with drinkin' and mama. It scored cross-category bonus points for including a love interest for the dog.

And now, the transmitter readings this morning were a little off, so in the best advice of people who AREN’T HERE, I am to take Wasp Spray, a hammer, nails and something to clean the air conditioning vent out there (about 10 miles away) and take care of it.

With the wasp spray they advised me to get the kind that sprays from a long distance and to be careful when I open the door.

I guess the monotony is over.