Monday, March 16, 2009

Death Wish 6

Finally, a Death Wish movie without Charles Bronson (Death Wish hero 1-5). I always found it hard to believe that he even made it to Death Wish 3. After all, it was a death wish…

But, we are surrounded by this kind of stuff. I can’t believe the Desperate Housewives are still desperate…by now we should be on the Resigned-to-their-fate Housewives….because as my personal life has taught me…desperate becomes pathetic pretty quick. But they are still desperate.

Dick Tracy had the entire criminal world looking for him, the cops were useless, they entire city was grey and he was wearing a BRIGHT YELLOW COAT. You could have spotted him from a plane…but no one could find him and when they found him they couldn’t shoot him. Meanwhile, Madonna (I don’t remember her screen name) was in stalking him and had no problem with his twenty (trucker lingo). If I were the crooks, I’d have opened up a penicillin stand and waited for him to show up.

And who shot worse than a storm trooper? Luke and Han Solo shot about 500 hundred of them at point blank range without sustaining even a flesh wound.

And finally, don’t get me started on Jack Bauer.